Third Grade Class Info
|Elementary Grading Scale|
DAILY WORK POLICY FOR THIRD GRADE
Students are expected to hand in their work on time.
If your students has a late assignment they will have ONE day to complete the assignment with a penalty of being docked one letter grade.
If the assignment is not turned in the next day, your student will be required to stay in during recesses that day to complete their assignments. If your student fails to complete their assignments during recesses another letter grade will be deducted and they will need to bring home the assignments to complete.
If students fail to write their names on their papers, ONE point will be deducted.
QUARTERLY GRADES FOR ACCELERATED READER POINTS
|13 AND UP=A+||5= C-|
3rd Grade Organizational Skills and Responsibilities
- It is very important for third graders to develop organizational skills. This will help your child become more responsible.
- An example would be clean desks and lockers, being prepared for class, finishing and handing in assignments on time.
- Some homework is introduced in 3rd Grade.
- Spelling tests are given on Fridays.
- Studying at home for chapter tests is important. Teachers will give students ample notice of an upcoming test.
- Other things students may work on at home would be math facts, AR reading, and cursive practice and Weekly Readers.
Papers will be usually sent home in your child’s “Friday Folder”. Please go through these papers with your child.
Where do I go Afterschool?
Knowing where to go at the end of the day is very important for your child and prevents confusion at the end of our day.
If your child is absent please notify the office in the MORNING if you are requesting homework!