National Honor Society
President - Callie Yeakle
Vice President - Kaytana Heimark
Secretary - Elle Petersen
National Honor Society was created to recognize outstanding high school students. Congratulations and thank you to all those who wiil participate in the National Honor Society Induction Ceremony November 13, 2018. The Central Lyon NHS will inducted new members to join current members Haley Borman, Andrew De Noble, Kaytana Heimark, Taeron Olson, Elisabeth Petersen, Caitlin Simon, Zachary Springer, Tanner Vanden Top, and Callie Yeakel. For NHS membership, students must not only get good grades, but also have the characteristics of leadership, service, and character.
|New NHS Members|
|Reese Borman||Kolten Bus||Jacie Friedrichsen|
|Kade Griesse||Madisen Iwen||Devin Miller|
|Samantha Ebel||Cody Huisman||Kary Ann Knoblock|
|Dana Kruse||Farrah Lewis||Kiley Metzger|
|Sutton Schlumbohm||Shania Struckman||Kiah Thiesen|
“Being a 2-year member of NHS has been quite an honor. NHS has also aided in realizing my leadership skills. Upholding the high regards of the qualities of NHS members have shown the members how to be respectable individuals in our school, community, and society. It has demonstrated the opportunity to propel ourselves to a greater future!” -Bergin DeBruin
Tentative NHS Timeline:
- 3rd week of September: All junior and senior students who are academically eligible for NHS (3.33 GPA or higher) receive their Student Information Forms.
- 1st week of October: Student Information Forms are handed in to the NHS adviser. 2 nd week of October: All high school teachers fill out a teacher comment sheet on all students who have indicated interest in NHS. (See Teacher Comment Sheet to the right.)
- 3rd week of October: NHS Faculty Council receive and review Student Information Forms and teacher comments for each student. Then, Faculty Council meet to discuss and vote on each student.
- 4th week of October: All students who indicated interest in NHS will receive a letter in the mail informing them whether they have been granted NHS membership.
- 1st week of November: In-school assembly honoring NHS members
- 3rd-4th week of November: NHS Induction Ceremony
*A few things to note: The faculty council is a rotating committee of 5 high school teachers who remain anonymous. The adviser does not cast a vote in the faculty council meeting. There is no set number of students that make NHS. There is no set percentage either. The council votes largely on the student information form and the comments from all of the teachers; therefore, the number of members vary each year.