Free & Reduced Lunch Information for 2019-2020
Children need healthy meals to learn and Central Lyon CSD offers healthy meals every school day. If you believe you qualify, please use these instructions to help you fill out the application for free or reduced price school meals/milk. You only need to submit one application per household, even if your children attend more than one school in Central Lyon CSD. The application must be filled out completely to certify your children for free or reduced price school meals. Completed applications should be mailed or returned to Marla Freese, Central Lyon CSD, 1010 S. Greene St., Rock Rapids, IA 51246. If at any time you are not sure what to do next, please contact Marla Freese at 712-472-2664 option 3 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check the below information to help you determine whether you might qualify for free or reduced meals.
WHO CAN GET FREE OR REDUCED PRICE MEALS?
- All children in households receiving benefits from Food Assistance, the Family Investment Program (FIP) or a few specific Medicaid programs are eligible for free or reduced price meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is at or below the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines found in parent letter. (Requires submitting an Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals/Milk.)