Notice to Parents
Friday, March 13
In continued collaboration with public health, Central Lyon Schools would like to provide further information for students, families and staff regarding best practices involving your student’s health and safety.
Return to School Following Travel
Families and staff who have traveled within – and outside – the United States, or have trips planned in the coming weeks, should review the information provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Upon return from travel within the United States, parents/guardians and staff members should contact the school before returning.
- Upon return from travel outside of the United States:
- Students and staff should consult with the CDCs website to assess their exposure to the pandemic: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- If travel was to a sustained or widespread (ongoing) community spread country, Level 2 or 3 country:
- Students and staff are required to stay home and limit interactions with others for 14 days.
- Students and staff should contact public health officials for further assessment and monitoring.
- Public health officials will contact Central Lyon Schools to inform the school when the student or staff member can return to school.
- Any absences due to self-isolation will be deemed excused absences.
Access to District Facilities
While it is inconvenient and uncomfortable to postpone events, initiate social distancing strategies, and implement self-isolation measures, these public health interventions are proven to slow the spread of disease and, in turn, save lives. Central Lyon Schools will be taking additional steps to protect the health and safety of students, staff, and residents by suspending all non-essential activities until Monday, March 30, 2020. This will include:
- Visitor access to Central Lyon facilities will be limited.
a. Parents/Guardians will have restricted building access except for pick-up/drop-off routines.
b. Lunch with students will be suspended until further notice.
- Volunteers, school-based mentors, and non-district personnel will halt service and/or use of Central Lyon facilities.
- Field trips will be postponed.
- Athletic competitions and fine arts performances/concerts in Central Lyon facilities will be postponed.
a. School-sponsored athletic, fine arts, and co-curricular practices and/or student meetings will continue as regularly scheduled.
- Community events to be held in Central Lyon facilities, including the Activity Center, will be postponed.
a.Club-sports, community-based recreation practices, and/or fine arts rehearsals and performances will be postponed until further notice.
ISASP Testing Postponed
The ISASP assessments scheduled for March 16-20 will be postponed until further notice.
It is important to note that at this time, there are no active COVID-19 cases within the Central Lyon School District. However, the well-being of students and staff remains a top priority; please know these were not easy decisions and we do not take them lightly. We realize that we are making decisions that sometimes create new questions but please continue to be patient and supportive as we work through the issues together. This is a rapidly changing situation and we will monitor and adapt our plans as new information and guidance is provided. Central Lyon Schools will continue to provide updates for families to keep our students, staff, and residents safe.