Welcome to First Grade!
Whether this is your first child to be in school or your tenth, having a first grade student is a great experience. I hope to get to know all of you during the year. Through the sharing of knowledge, opinions, expectations and concerns we can make this a wonderful experience for your child. One of our goals as a school is to develop a life-long love of learning in every child--and we will only be able to achieve that goal by working together with you. I'll work hard to keep you informed of classroom activities--you will receive frequent communications from us.
Some initial things I ask of you:
1. Send a bag or a back-pack with your child to school EVERY DAY! This is important because this bag will be used for transporting notes, books, etc. Have your child's name on the bag also.
2. Please check your child's bag EVERY DAY and take out and read the notes coming home in your child's P.A.W.S binder.
3. Send a note with your child any time it is necessary to change your child's daily transportation routine.
4. ALWAYS place notes in the pouch of the binder so they won't be lost.
5. ALWAYS put any money asked for in an envelope and write your child's name, room number, or teacher's name, purpose and the amount asked for on the envelope.
6. If your child is absent, send a note telling the reason for the absence when he or she returns to school.
7. It is a good idea to mark all removable clothing with your child's name.
8. When it is your child's birthday, you may send a treat to share with the class if you wish.
9. Lastly, but probably most importantly, please contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about your child's daily performance at school.