A Reminder On Health & Safety Protocols
Friday, August 21
Dear Central Lyon Students, Families & Staff,
It has been a great few days having students and staff in our buildings – the energy, the excitement, the conversations – it’s so extremely motivating and rewarding. We are best equipped to educate in person, and we’d like to keep it that way.
I would like to reiterate that our partnership with you is essential as we take steps to navigate this pandemic. Please take a moment to discuss the following strategies we’ve implemented with your student(s) to keep them, and our staff, safe, healthy, and in the buildings:
- Stay Home. If your student(s) have any of the following high-risk symptoms: new cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or new loss of taste or smell; or two or more low risk symptoms: fever, headache, muscle and body aches, fatigue, sore throat, runny nose, congestion, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, please keep them at home.
- Socially Distance. We will do our best to keep students six (6) feet from one another, but please know it isn’t always possible. Encourage your student(s) to watch their distance and wear a covering when in close contact with others.
- Face Coverings. When six (6) feet of social distance cannot be maintained, it is recommended that students and staff wear a face covering.
- Hand Sanitizing. While each classroom has a bottle of hand sanitizer at the door – with a requirement to sanitize on their way into the classroom and when exiting – students and staff are strongly encouraged to also carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer to use as frequently as possible during the school day.
- Visitors. All visitors, including parents/guardians, should call ahead before coming to school rather than arriving unannounced. Visitors may be asked to remain in the vestibule, and if granted access, may be limited to the office area.
In addition to these health and safety protocols, please remember students may not enter the building before 7:45 a.m. We strongly encourage students not to congregate in the vestibules before school. School starts at 8:10 a.m. and is dismissed at 3:15 p.m. (2:15 p.m. on Wednesdays).
Thank you for continued patience as we make adjustments to our plans and for remaining vigilant in your efforts to stop the spread of this virus in our school and community.