2020 Remodel Project
1968 Elementary Restroom and Locker Room Remodel
The Central Lyon Community School District will be remodeling their 1968 Elementary Restrooms (4) and Locker Rooms (2). Detailed plans and specifications are available for download below or can be picked up in the high school office at 1010 S. Greene Street, Rock Rapids, Iowa.
Interested parties should direct questions to Brent Jorth, Superintendent, or Steve Breske, Director of Buildings & Grounds. Click to view the blueprints or the project manual for the remodel project.
The timeline for the project will proceed as follows:
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Drawings released to bidders
- This is 23 days before the bid opening; this is within the 13-45 days required by the state.
- Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Pre-bid meeting @ 10:00 a.m. (Central Lyon Board Room)
- Thursday, March 5, 2020
- Bid Letting @ 12:00 p.m.|noon (Central Lyon Board Room)
- Monday, March 9, 2020
- Central Lyon School Board considers approval of bids during regular meeting.
- Monday, June 1, 2020
- Construction begins
- Saturday, August 15, 2020
- Water supply turned on for 1968 Building
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020
- First day of school for students
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Date of substantial completion