Road Trip to Homecoming
Homecoming brings a variety of activities and competitions throughout the week. King Zach Lutmer and Queen Afton Schlumbohm were crowned at coronation, along with Dana Dykhouse and Mitch Lupkes inducted into the athletic hall of fame. Homecoming Olympics with several competitions between classes will be on Friday afternoon beginning at 1:00 pm. We will end the afternoon festivities with a parade around the elementary school. The FFA will host the homecoming supper in the activity center from 5:30-7:00 on Friday, October 7. At halftime of the football game vs. Sheldon, the mass band will perform. The homecoming dance follows the game until midnight. We will also have dress up days throughout the week.
Join us on our road trip to Homecoming!
Homecoming Dress up Days (October 3-7)
- Monday- Juneau, AK; Pajama Day/Comfy Clothes
- Tuesday- New York, NY; Major League Teams/Jerseys
- Wednesday- Four Cities/Class Theme Day
- Seniors - Las Vegas, NV; Formal Dress OR Black
- Juniors - Tuscaloosa, AL; Sorority Vs. Frat OR White
- Sophomores - Honolulu, HI; Tourist/Beachwear OR Yellow
- Freshmen - Nashville, TN; Country OR Blue
- Thursday- Seattle, WA; Fake an Injury/Grey's Anatomy
- Friday- Rock Rapids, IA; School Spirit/Purple & Gold
Every year, we have a button decorating contest for elementary students, with buttons on sale to public for $2. Judging for hallway and door decorating competitions will take place Wednesday after school. Each year during homecoming week, there is also a participation contest between classes, with rewards going to the class with the highest participation. In order to share rewards, students must participate in at least two dress up days and have attended the Homecoming Olympics. Throughout the week we also have individual dress up competitions.
Button winners - pictured
Door Decoration winners: tbd
Hall decoration winners: tbd
Class participation winners: tbd
Dress-up day winners: tbd