Open Campus Guidelines for Senior Students
Open campus typically begins in December, or earlier at the discretion of the principal. This year, open campus for eligible seniors began Monday, October 26, 2020, during study hall, designated college course time, and lunch. FLEX open-campus would only be available to students who have study hall/college coursework eighth hour. Seniors can check their eligibility with Mrs. Lupkes or Principal Engleman.
Open Campus Requirements:
- 1st Quarter GPA of 2.0 or above.
- No more than 2 tardies per quarter.
- No more than one disciplinary referral during the 1st quarter.
- No more than 5 unexcused absences during each semester.
- If a senior has first (or first and second) hour study hall, when they arrive at school they must sign in to the office.
- Seniors leaving for the day either 7th and 8th, or just 8th must sign out for the day in the office. These students are not required to attend DEAR but all other seniors must.
- Seniors may leave during the other hours of the day without signing out. Seniors leaving for lunch are NOT to bring back food for others or underclassmen.
- Dropping below a 2.0 GPA will cause seniors to lose open campus.
- Any D or F grade during any grading period, including midterms, will lose open campus privileges.
- Any school suspension is cause to lose open campus.
- Qualifying for CLAS will result in study hall assignment in place of open campus.
- Do not loiter in the halls during open campus.
- Open campus is NOT open gym. Remember, this is a PRIVILEGE, don’t mess it up!
Students who earn OPEN CAMPUS and then violate the guidelines or school policy may lose OPEN CAMPUS privileges for the remainder of the school year and be assigned to study hall. Eligibility can be earned every four weeks, at midterm and quarter-end.